Monday, October 6, 2008

Make Gargoyle From Halloween Skeleton Prop



To make this gargoyle I bought a Halloween skeleton prop and put the flesh on it by mixing a mixture of monster mud, and glue with strips of cotton from cotton balls. After applying it in different locations around the skeleton, I let it dry. I also attached some horns that I had made, to the head, and used wire and sheer cloth to make wings, which I attached to the back.
After you have added several layers of flesh to the skeleton, and it has completely dried, you then stain it with wood stain. I used dark cherry wood stain. When this has dried you then spray the gargoyle with a clear coat finish to give it the glossy flesh look. Though in this picture the gargoyle is not hung up, this Halloween prop works great posed on top of a building or hanging from a tree.